In this post we’ll show you how to flash TWRP Custom Recovery and then enable ROOT on Cubot Dinosaur phone. The tutorial is pretty simple, but make sure you follow each step carefully to avoid any issues.
Flash TWRP Custom Recovery and ROOT Cubot Dinosaur
- Go to “Settings” > “About phone” > Tap 7-8 times on “Build version” to enable developer options on your device.
- Now go to “Setting” > “Developer options” and enable “USB Debugging” and turn off “Verify apps”.
- Download and unpack drivers for Cubot Dinosaur: SP_Drivers.7z (if these won’t work, try using other drivers). Also you’ll need to disable driver digital signature verification on your Windows PC.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB-cable.
- In device manager your phone should be found an unrecognized device. Right mouse click on it, select “Update driver” and locate the folder with unpacked drivers. After driver installation, disconnect your phone from PC and turn it off.
- Download TWRP Custom Recovery and SuperSU archive to root your Cubot Dinosaur.
- Start SP Flash Tool, select “flash tool” tab and locate the TWRP scatter file (from unpacked twrp_cubot_dinosaur.rar archive).
- Select “recovery” option only and press “download”.
- Connect turned off device to PC and wait until “Ok” message appears on the screen.
- That’s it, you have TWRP Custom Recovery installed.
- Now to get root, copy downloaded SuperSU archive to your phone memory.
- Boot into TWRP Custom Recovery.
- Go to “Install” menu and select SuperSU archive.
- Reboot into system.
- Now you’ve got root on your phone.