If you stuck with not working WiFi connection on your recently bought Redmi 4 phone, here’s a method you might want to try.
Solution for not working WiFi on Xiaomi Redmi 4
- Get full root access and system partition writing permissions.
- Check for these files “/persist/WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin” and “/persist/WCNSS_wlan_dictionary.dat”, if your don’t have these than download from here and copy them.
- Set “644” permissions on both of these files.
- Reboot into system and check if WiFi is successfully turning on and working.
- If you still can’t get WiFi working on your Redmi 4 device, then check the file group and the owner of “/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf”, it should be “wifi:wifi”. If not, then use command prompt to change it:
chown wifi:wifi /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf
- Reboot and check WiFi again.
- If this still doesn’t help, then check “logcat” and “dmesg | grep wlan” for any possible errors.