Here’s a working method on how you can enable support and writing for exFAT, F2FS, NTFS formats with SD-card and OTG. After enabling these formats you’ll be able to write and read files with the size more than 2GB. This method will both work fine on Xiaomi Redmi 4 & Redmi 4A device. Support for other devices has not been checked. It’s also recommended to use some better file explorer application, Root Explorer or ES File Manager for example. So let’s begin with the tutorial.
How to activate exFAT, F2FS, NTFS support on Xiaomi Redmi 4 / 4A
- Download TWRP Patches (find download links below).
- Copy downloaded patches to phone internal memory.
- Remove SD-card from your phone.
- Boot into TWRP Custom Recovery and install all the patches in the right order. No need to do any wipes.
- Reboot into system
- Instert SD-card.
- Reboot your Redmi 4 / 4A device again.
- Now you can use large files on your phone! Have fun!