Greeting to all Cool Charger S1 owners, previously we’ve made a list of the best custom roms for LeEco Cool Charger S1 and now here’s a tutorial on how to install all required drivers, flash TWRP Custom Recovery and install or update ROM version.
Flash TWRP Custom Recovery and install latest ROM on Cool Charger S1
- Download and install ADB Drivers. Check out this tutorial.
- Next install Minimal ADB and Fastboot as administrator and copy recovery_twrp.img to the installation folder (“C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot” by default).
- On your smartphone enable developer options and then activate USB-Debugging.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder, press and hold “Shift” button and click right mouse button on an empty space, select “Open command window here”.
- Turn off your phone and start it in fastboot mode by pressing “Power” and “Volume Down” buttons together.
- Connect your phone to PC.
- Now type the following commands in the terminal (press “Enter” after each command):
fastboot oem unlock-go fastboot oem device-info fastboot flash recovery recovery_twrp.img
- Now press and hold “Volume Up” and “Power” buttons until your smartphone boots into TWRP Custom Recovery main menu.
- Disconnect your phone from PC.
- TWRP will probably boot in Chinese language. To change language, swipe to the right, press the third button in the top corner, then tap on “globe” icon and select language, press the right button to confirm.
- Now if you want to flash new ROM version on your device, you can connect your phone to PC in TWRP Custom Recovery mode and copy downloaded ROM.
- Wipe to factory settings and install downloaded ROM.
How to install Google Applications on Cool Charger S1
If you’ve flashed Custom ROM on your LeEco device and now missing Gapps, then you can try installing this package. It works on many Android devices: