If you’ve got problems with installing TWRP Custom Recovery on your Elephone device, here’s a short tutorial for you. Follow these steps and learn how to flash TWRP 3.0.3 or newer versions on your device. Pay attention that you’re doing everything at your own risk. If you follow this instruction, then do all the steps strictly in the right order.
Guide on how to install TWRP 3.0.3 on Elephone S3
- Download and install KingRoot app.
- Start KingRoot and enable root on your device.
- Next go to “Setting” > “About phone” and tap 7-8 times on “Build number”, you’ll a notification that you’ve enabled developer options.
- Go back to “Settings” and select “Developer options”.
- Important! Enable “OEM Unlock”. Confirm unlocking.
- Install SuperSU app. Do not open it yet!
- Download and install Flashify application: Flashify (for root users) v1.9.2.apk
- Download TWRP for Elephone S3: recovery.img
- Pay attention, if you enable system partition modifications, you must install SuperSU, otherwise you’ll get a bootloop. Download SuperSU: SR1-SuperSU-v2.79-SR1-20161221223537.zip (5.8 Mb)
- Open Flashify app.
- Select “Recovery image”.
- Tap on “Choose a file”.
- Open “File explorer”.
- Select “mnt”.
- Now find and select downloaded TWRP Recovery.
- Confirm with installation and wait until the process is finished.
- Done! Elephone S3 will boot into TWRP 3.0.3.
- Now open SuperSU to enable ROOT. Delete KingRoot.