Here’s a tutorial on how to flash TWRP or original stock recovery on OnePlus 5 smartphone. I suppose you must unlock the bootloader first before installing TWRP Custom Recovery on your device.
Flashing TWRP or Stock Recovery on OnePlus 5
- If you want to flash custom Recovery on your OnePlus phone, I suppose that you’ve already installed ADB drivers, you know how to boot your phone in fastboot and most importantly you’ve already unlocked the bootloader.
- Download required version of TWRP Custom Recovery and rename downloaded image to “recovery.img”.
- Now copy “recovery.img” file to the folder with ADB files and “Fastboot.exe”.
- Open command prompt window from the folder with “Fastboot.exe” file. Open the folder with ADB files, then press “Shift + Right Mouse Button” on the empty space and select “Open command window here”.
- In the opened window type the following command to check if device is connected:
- You will see your phone unique ID number at this step. This means everything was done correctly.
- Now use the following command to flash recovery image on your OnePlus device:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After installation is completed, disconnect your phone from PC, turn it off and manually reboot into recovery. Turn off your device and select “recovery” option in a startup menu.