Previously we’ve covered a list of the best Custom ROMS for Axon 7, while here we want to share the tutorial on how you can install the latest Lineage OS Android 7 Nougat ROM on ZTE Axon 7 smartphone. To continue with this guide, you must first unlock the bootloader and install TWRP Custom Recovery on your device.
Download and install Android 7 Lineage OS 14.1 Custom ROM for Axon 7
- First of all, you’ll need to download modem file and universal bootloader for Android 7.
- Next download the official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM from their website: https://download.lineageos.org/axon7
- Boot into TWRP Custom Recovery, go to “Wipe” menu and select “Data factory”.
- Install Universal Bootloader.
- Install the required modem for your device model.
- Finally install the downloaded Lineage OS ROM.
- Wipe Dalvik and Cache only before booting into system.
- Download and install super user fix as well: addonsu-arm64-signed.zip
- Optionally you can also install Gapps. Download from here and select ARM 64, Android 7.1.1. After you’ve installed Gapps wipe dalvik and cache.
- Now you can reboot into freshly installed Lineage OS. First startup may take longer than usual.
If you’re the happy owner of Axon 7 smartphone, stay tuned because our next post is going to be a tutorial on how to unlock bootloader and install TWRP Custom Recovery on this phone.