Let’s take a look on how to unlock the bootloader and install all required drivers for OnePlus 3 and 3T smartphone.
Unlocking tutorial for OnePlus 3 and 3T
- Download and install PC drivers for OnePlus 3/3T: OnePlus 3 drivers.zip
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- On your smartphone, go to “Developer options” and enable “OEM Unlock” and “USB debugging”.
- You can also enable “Advanced boot” and reboot in “Bootloader (fastboot)”.
- To manually boot into fastboot mode: turn off your phone, then press “Volume Up” and “Power” buttons, in a few seconds you should see a “fastboot mode” on the screen.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB (use the stock USB cable if possible).
- Open the folder with ADB files and press “Shift” + “Right mouse button” on the empty space and select “Open command window here”.
- In command window type the following command to see connected devices:
- You should see connected device unique ID number. If it doesn’t shown, then you’ll need to reinstall the drivers.
- Now to unlock the bootloader, use the following command. Pay attention! This action will delete all data from your device, don’t forget about backups.
fastboot oem unlock
- After this command, your phone will automatically reboot into system.
- Bootloader is now unlocked.
To lock the bootloader again, you’ll need to repeat the same steps from 4th to 8th, but in the 7 step instead of typing “fastboot oem unlock”, you’ll need to enter “fastboot oem lock”. This command will lock the bootloader. Please pay attention, that you can’t lock the bootloader if you’ve got TWRP Custom Recovery installed on your device already. This will lead to hardbricked phone. Have fun!